If you are trying to cut down on the carbs, pizza is one of those things you tend to avoid. Well here’s a great recipe that gives you all the flavor of pizza, but in a bowl.
You could use turkey based meats for the sausage and pepperoni, or bulk up on the veges and leave the meat out for a vegetarian friendly version.Feel free to throw in some of your other favorite pizza veges like olives or maybe some pepperoncinis or banana peppers to add some zing.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 pou pepperoni thinly sliced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes Italian style
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a fry pan, drain grease and put in soup pot.
- Add all other ingredients to soup pot except the herbs and cheeses.
- Simmer over low heat for at least 30 min, add herbs for last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle cheese on top.