Unless otherwise noted, all meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month from 8-9:30 PM Eastern (5-6:30 PM Pacific).
The first half of each meeting will focus around a specific topic of discussion with a special guest. During that discussion attendees will be able to submit questions and comments either through text interaction or by bringing the attendee “on the air” via audio. The second half will be open discussion for peer-to-peer support where as a group we address things that our attendees wish to discuss and get support on.
- November 14th – Topic: Healthy Eating For the Holidays (Guest: Sheila Kemper Dietrich)
- Sheila Kemper Dietrich is the Founder and CEO of , award-winning author, and mother of 3. This entrepreneur is the inventor of Livliga portion-control dishware, serveware and glassware for adults. She has also created , portion-control dishware for children with Moonbeam award-winning children’s storybook, Sammie & Sax in the Land of Quinoa: The Search for a Balanced Meal. The book and accompanying dishware are a fun and engaging teaching tool for families focused on creating healthy living habits for life. Personally benefiting with her and her family’s weight loss from the concepts integrated into Livliga, she has become a great advocate for its efficacy in living a healthy lifestyle. Sheila now enjoys sharing what she has learned through her blog, tweeting and public conversations. Nothing better than sharing and learning!
- December 12th – Obesity Treatment Medications (Guest: Ted Kyle, RPh)
- Obesity treatment medications have seen a lot of advances and changes in recent years. Tonight we’ll take a look at their changing role.
- Ted Kyle is a pharmacist and healthcare innovation professional who serves on the Board of Directors for the Obesity Action Coalition and advises The Obesity Society on advocacy. His widely-read daily commentary, published at ConscienHealth.org, reaches an audience of more than 10,000 thought leaders in health and obesity. His peer-reviewed publications focus upon weight bias and policy related to health and obesity. Tonight we’ll be discussing Obesity Medications for Weight-loss and Long-term Weight Maintenance.
- January 16th – Relationships and Weight(Guest: Merrill Littleberry, LCSW, LCDC, CCM, CI-CPT)
- Tonight we will be discussion Relationships and Weight. With special guest, Psychotherapist and Counselor Merrill Littleberry we will chat about what and how weight and weight loss plays a role in our relationships. From friends and family to our intimate relationships, we’ll address this topic head on.
- Merrill Littleberry is a healthcare professional in the field of mental and physical health. She believes mental and physical health are equally important, stating one cannot function optimally without the other. She is known as “Vitamin M,” a motivational speaker, psychotherapist, and personal trainer along with many other roles. She hopes the role she will be remembered by is a dedicated advocate who continually discovered ways to improve the lives of others.
- February 13th – Topic: TBD (Guest: TBD)
- March 13th – Topic: TBD (Guest: TBD)
Each meeting must be registered for separately, click on the date to go to the registration page for that meeting. You will receive a confirmation email with further details on joining the online meeting.